Why You Need a Reputable Locksmith
When you need a locksmith, 24 HR Lockouts is here to meet your needs quickly and efficiently. We have a history of reliability and trustworthiness. Many other locksmiths aren’t as reliable. In fact, many aren’t licensed locksmiths. As your trusted locksmith, we’d like to raise some awareness as to the growing trend of locksmith scams.
Why You Should Be Careful
Unfortunately, locksmith scams occur far too frequently to thousands of Americans. And, it’s not an isolated incident here or there. It’s a nationwide problem. The locksmith scamming industry is a lucrative and prospering one – the industry is estimated to earn well over a billion dollars!
This gives the scammers the resources to drown out legitimate locksmiths by spending massive amounts on advertisements and fake businesses. This is why it is so important to find a trusted, reputable locksmith before you need one, especially in an emergency.
How to Spot a Scammer
Locksmith scammers give themselves away in a variety of different ways. While many legitimate locksmiths will have one or two things on the list below, using two or more of the following red flags should alert you to investigate more thoroughly or seek a different locksmith.
Some of the signs you need to be aware of include:
- Locksmith scammers will use more advertisements than a legitimate business could ever afford.
- The locksmith uses a fake physical location. If a location is actually indicated, it’s in a far-off state or it’s a fake address.
- The locksmith company won’t actually use photos of the locksmiths. They may also use fake stock photos on their website.
- They won’t discuss money or even a ballpark estimate. They will give you a quote of something like “15 dollars and up.” And it will always be up – way up!
- They will refuse credit or debit cards. This is a huge red flag because you can track the transaction and dispute it with your bank.
- The locksmith will not give you his/her license information.
- The locksmith’s car is either unmarked or has removable signs on the car so they can scam as different company names.
- The locksmith will give an excuse as to why the lock can’t be picked. The locksmith will then go on to using a brute force method like drilling the lock.
Contact 24 HR Lockouts
If you want to deal with a locksmith that you can trust, we encourage you to give us a call today. With our experience in the locksmith industry, you can count on us! We look forward to seeing you and showing you why we’re considered a trusted locksmith in our community!